ROW4ALS is racing in the 2018 Talisker Whisky Atalantic Challenge and we need your help to get there. We are raising sponsorship funds and donations to support ALS research.
Learn more about our journey, sponsorship information, and be sure to sign up for our mailing list and follow us on social media.
The race starts December 2018.
- ROW4ALS is the first team to have a rower diagnosed with ALS. Alan is in a wheelchair but has the upper body strength to row in a modified rowing station.
- The team hails from Utah (4 members), Alaska, and BVI.
- The row is 3,000 miles of Atlantic Ocean, from La Goerma to Antigua, self support. A duty officer on a fleet yacht is available for emergenies.
- There is a watermaker (desalinator) on board, the rowers live off MREs and carry a 90 day supply of food.
- The fastest race time was 29 days (new record 1/12/18), the slowest was 120.
- Download postcard infographic (PDF)
ROW4ALS ON INSTAGRAM